Friday Social – You Tube Tips
- 7 Comments... What do you have to say?
You Tube – What a great way to be social! Create an account and add a link to your site. Start adding videos from the network or make your own.
To make your videos go viral there are great options from You Tube. The more activity a You Tube video gets the more popularity it gains within the network:
Share – Hit the You Tube share option and you can add videos to Mixx, Myspace, Facebook, Digg, send it to all your contacts on You Tube, email to friends and even blog it!
Favorites – When you favorite a video it will automatically show up on your channel. I usually copy and paste the URL and make it my main video on my channel as it’s the top vid for people to see. The more it is a favorite the more buzz it will create in the You Tube network.
Rate it! – See those little red stars under the main video on the left? Make sure you rate videos for maximum exposure.
Commentary – Oh yes the comments area. The more comments you give and get the more activity the video generates within the network. You may see vids on You Tube home page that are popular today today known as ‘Rising Videos’, most talked about, etc. Comments really help your video get a boost.
Thumbs Up - Use the thumbs up (or down) options for comments you find to be beneficial to the conversation.
You Tube is all about the buzz so the more activity a video has the better chance it has to get more views.
You Tube Tips:
- Views: There is speculation that YT alters their ‘hit counter’ for videos. Your hits are not going to show up right away and may even take a few hours for the information to populate. Be paitent and keep promoting your video.
- Update your channel frequently by adding videos, commenting on channels and sharing great content.
- Make your own videos. If you don’t own a video camera you can make what is called a montage, which is a collection of images. Go to Flickr and ask members if it is okay to use their photos. I have always gotten the ‘green light’ when I ask. Just add their name or Flickr profile to the credits.Other forms of images can be screen shots, your own photos and manipulated images from the web. MS Paint is your friend and is good for text images. Make sure you read up on Fair Use laws as You Tube does not tolerate copyright infringement. Edit your images in Microsoft Movie Maker that came with your PC or iMovie for Mac or other free and simple editing software.
Have fun with You Tube as it is a great way to be social and make your content go viral!
- Web Optimization Update – ‘blogs that make money’ #1
- Comment Spam – Embrace It!
- What are You Doing Using Twitter: Redux
- What is Twitter?
- How to Get Backlinks – My Way